For those who are not really aware of this fact, the wearing of face masks is a MUST. In fact, it has become a standard practice for many people in different countries whenever they go out in public. And one of the many types of face covering that you can is a cloth face mask.
But are these types of masks effective enough to stop the spread of COVID-19? And to be more specific, what are the things to remember when wearing custom cloth face coverings during the coronavirus pandemic?
Stick around as we are going to talk more on this topic in today’s article.
Will Cloth Face Coverings Be An Effective Protection Against COVID-19?
According to experts, wearing a face covering made of cloth is recommended as it serves as a simple barrier between your face and the external environment. The way it works is that the mask blocks the respiratory droplets from spreading into the air whenever the wearer is talking, raising his/her voice, coughing, or sneezing. In short, the barrier acts as a “source control” to limit the spread of droplets from being exposed to other people.
What Types Of Cloth Face Masks To Wear?
Here are some of the cloth masks that you can wear when going out in public:
Plain Face Mask (3-Pack) – These masks are recommended for everyday use since they are made from breathable material. Also, it is made from two layers of cloth with a flat seam at the center and elastic ear loops to ensure a comfortable close fit.
Moreover, this mask from iShirt My Drawers has Silverplus technology which contains biocide and silver chloride to ensure hygiene and freshness when wearing it in public places. Check this link if you’re planning to buy their face mask.
White Neck Gaiter – These versatile custom cloth face coverings are ideal for people who are die-hard fans of the legendary Dark Knight villain. And what’s great about this accessory is you can also use it as a neck warmer, wristband, and bandana after the pandemic to upgrade your look.
The White Neck Gaiter also includes these features:
- The cloth is made of 95% polyester and 5% elastane materials.
- Breathable facbric.
- Can reduce respiratory droplets when worn as a face mask.
Important Considerations For Wearing Custom Cloth Masks
When choosing custom cloth face coverings for coronavirus protection, it is important to follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). So here are the things that you need to remember to better guide you on this matter:
1. Cloth face masks should be worn every time you go out of the house and whenever you are in the company of people who don’t reside in your house, especially in public places where social distancing is hard to maintain.
2. Cloth face masks help asymptomatic people from spreading the coronavirus to other people.
3. Cloth face masks effectively limit the spread of COVID-19 when others are wearing masks of the same quality.
4. Cloth face masks are not recommended by children below 2 years old or anyone who has difficulty breathing, incapacitated, unconscious, those with hearing and intellectual disabilities, or is unable to remove the mask on their own.